Conformity assessment of radio equipment Directive 2014/53/EU on the making available on the market of radio equipment and conformity assessment stands at the basis of the European legislation for regulating the Radio Equipment sector. It provides for the legislation to harmonize the significant health and safety requirements concerning radio equipment for the entire European Union. The main requirement for radio equipment allowing for its distribution on the single European market is that the radio equipment must meet the Directive’s requirements. The participation of a third independent party – a notified body, is required for any radio equipment. What does the ECTI service include?
- ECTI is a notified body with identification number NB 2853 of the Register of the European Committee for Directive 2014/53/EU on Radio Equipment, and has been authorized by the State Agency for Metrological and Technical Surveillance (SAMTS) through Permit No. 141-ОС/07.04.2020. It performs conformity assessment of radio equipment in accordance with “Module B: EU-type examination” under the Ordinance on Essential Requirements and Conformity Assessment of Radio Equipment (OERCARE).
The Conformity Assessment of Radio Equipment Division of ECTI performs assessment on radio equipment after an expressed request by an economic operator, and issues a Certificate after establishing conformity of the radio equipment together with the applicable essential requirements.
Basic documents and information
- Directive 2014/53/EU on Radio Equipment (Bulgarian language version)
- Directive 2014/53/EU on Radio Equipment (English language version)
- List of harmonized standards supporting Directive 2014/53/EU
It has been implemented in the national legislation through:
Information for the applicant for conformity assessment of radio equipment
- Application form for conformity assessment of radio equipment technical project based on “Module B: EU-type examination” under OERCARE
- Contract for conformity assessment of radio equipment technical project based on “Module B: EU-type examination” under OERCARE
- Overview procedure of the contract for conformity assessment of radio equipment based on “Module B: EU-type examination under OERCARE
- Procedure “Module B: EU-type examination”under OERCARE on radio equipment
- Procedure “Activity and work rules of the Objections Commission”
- Register of issued certificates
Who is the conformity assessment service for? The obligation to certify conformity with the Directive’s requirements pertains to persons or organizations that deliver radio equipment for the first time on the market within the European Union, and to those who perform modifications of radio equipment. Benefits for you
- Conformity assessment guarantees that your radio equipment has been designed and manufactured in compliance with the health and safety requirements of Directive 2014/53/EU on the making available on the market of radio equipment, the Directive on significant requirements and conformity assessment of electric equipment designed for use within a certain voltage range, the Directive on significant requirements and conformity assessment on electromagnetic compatibility, and the relevant national legislation where the radio equipment will be utilized;
- It gives you a competitive advantage;
- It facilitates the free movement of radio equipment within EU and the European Economic Area (EEA)