Conformity assessment of machinery Directive 2006/42/EC stands at the basis of the European legislation for regulating the Machinery sector in the Mechanical Engineering industry. It provides for the legislation to harmonize the significant health and safety requirements concerning machinery for the entire European Union. The main requirement for machinery allowing for its distribution on the single European market is that the machinery must meet the Directive’s requirements. The participation of a third independent party – a notified body, is required when the machinery falls within the scope of Annex IV of the Directive. What does the ECTI service include?
- ECTI is a notified body with identification number NB 2853 of the Register of the European Committee for Directive 2006/42/EC Machinery, and has been authorized by the State Agency for Metrological and Technical Surveillance (SAMTS). It performs conformity assessment of machinery within the scope of Annex IV of the Directive under the “EC-type examination” procedure.
Machinery within the scope of Annex IV for which ECTI provides conformity assessment services – „List of machinery scope in accordance with Annex No. 2 of the Ordinance on Essential Requirements and Conformity Assessment of Machinery (OERCAM) for which NB ECTI provides conformity assessment services” In the cases when the assignor requests assessment of the machinery’s technical dossier CTEC issues a Technical Dossier Conformity Certificate in case of established conformity.
- Concerning the machinery that falls outside the scope of Annex IV of the Directive or where the manufacturer has applied a conformity assessment procedure Internal production control (module A), ECTI offers voluntary certification. It concludes with the issue of a Trade Certificate. The manufacturer submits an „Application for voluntary certification of machinery” and is aware and accepts „ECTI Regulation on performing voluntary certification”.
The Trade Certificate in a voluntary scope is not mandatory but creates a basis for greater trust in the product and provides a significant competitive advantage to the manufacturer. Basic documents and information
It has been implemented in the national legislation through:
Information for the applicant for conformity assessment of Machinery
- List of harmonized standards supporting Directive 2006/42/EU
- Application form for conformity assessment under the “EC-type examination” of the OERCAM for machinery
- Application form for voluntary certification of machinery
- „ECTI Regulation on performing voluntary certification”
- Contract for conformity assessment of machinery based on “EU-type examination” of OERCAM
- Overview of the contract for conformity assessment of machinery based on “EU-type examination of OERCAM
- Conformity assessment of machinery based on “EU-type examination” of OERCAM
- Activity and work rules of the Objections Commission
- Register of issued certificates
- Register of issued trade certificates
Who is the conformity assessment service for? The obligation to certify conformity with the Directive’s requirements pertains to persons or organizations that deliver machinery for the first time on the market within the European Union, and to those who perform modifications of machinery. Benefits for you
- Conformity assessment guarantees that your machinery has been designed and manufactured in compliance with the health and safety requirements;
- It ensures that the machinery meets the requirements of the Directive on machinery;
- It gives you a competitive advantage;
- It facilitates the free movement of machinery within EU and the European Economic Area (EEA)